OnePlus 5 Review
10 months ago
OnePlus 5 Review:
The OnePlus 5 is powered by a Snapdragon 835 and its set of Kryo cores that all top models have this season. Few of them boast 8 gigs of RAM though, which the OnePlus 5 does proudly offer. That crazy amount of RAM is matched by 128GB of storage in the more premium OnePlus 5 version. The other packs a more pedestrian 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage. We guess it’ll take some long and hard thought to make up your mind, considering that the storage you get out of the box isn’t expandable.
All three camera modules (selfie cam included) come courtesy of Sony, the 5.5-inch FullHD AMOLED display is unchanged from the 3 and 3T, battery capacity is 3,300mAh, complete with the proprietary Dash charge tech for quick top-ups, and the phone runs the latest Android 7.1.1 – the ‘flagship killer’ slogan may be gone, but the mentality remains.
When it comes to memory, the OnePlus 5 provides either 8 GB of RAM with 128 GB of storage, or 6 GB of RAM with 64 GB of storage. If you have a 3T with the larger storage capacity of 128 GB, buying a whole new device for the extra 2 GB of RAM isn’t the best financial decision at all.
Our OnePlus 5 review shows that OnePlus 5 does have one major advantage over its predecessor – the dual-camera setup. From what we’ve seen so far, it does provide stellar performance, and it allows for some pretty good portrait shots. So, if you want a camera upgrade, you might consider the new OnePlus.
OnePlus 5 key features
- Body: Anodized aluminum body, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 5 display glass. Midnight Black and Slate Gray color schemes.
- Display: 5.5″ AMOLED, 1,920×1,080px resolution, 401ppi; sRGB/DCI-P3 color space support.
- Rear cameras: Main camera: Sony IMX398 sensor, 16MP, 1.12µm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, EIS; multi-shot noise reduction; 2160p/30fps video recording.
- Front camera: Sony IMX371 sensor, 16MP, 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture; 1080p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat; OxygenOS custom overlay.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 835: octa-core CPU (4xKryo 280 + 4xCortex-A53), Adreno 540 GPU.
- Memory: 6/8GB of LPDDR4X RAM; 64/128GB UFS 2.1 storage.
- Battery: 3,300mAh Li-Po (sealed); Dash Charge proprietary fast charging (5V/4A).
- Connectivity: Dual SIM; 3-Band carrier aggregation, LTE Cat.12/13 (600Mbps/150Mbps); USB Type-C (v2.0); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0.