OPPO R11 Review
10 months ago
OPPO R11 Review:
Oppo R11 and R11 Plus are the first phones to come out with the Snapdragon 660 chip – the new upper mid-range chart topper by Qualcomm. With the help of the Spectra ISP and Hexagon 680 DSP, the new chip should boost the low-light and portrait photography skills, and even offer increased performance and battery life in certain use cases.
The R11 duo is not that far from the flagship tier with the addition of an AMOLED screen, a dual-camera with a secondary telephoto lens and a high-res selfie camera with both camears offering high-quality simulated bokeh effects. The ample batteries and the company’s proprietary VOOC fast chargers are welcome additions and highly-appreciated in the long specs sheet.
While we’ll compare the cameras on the R11 with all other flagship models very soon, our initial impression is that the dual camera performs well. It’s fast to focus and the photos come out clear and crisp. But we’ll soon see how good it is as compared to the top players in the Chinese market like the Huawei P10, Nubia Z17 in our upcoming comparison.
OPPO R11 key features:
- Body: All-metal unibody, Gorilla Glass 5 screen protection
- Display: 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED, 401 PPI
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with ColorOS 3.1
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660, octa-core Kryo 260 processor (4x 2.2GHz + 4x 1.8GHz), Adreno 512 GPU, 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB internal, microSD expansion (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Rear Camera: Dual 16MP f/1.7 regular + 20MP f/2.6 telephoto camera, PDAF, LED flash, Portrait mode with bokeh effects, 4K at 30fps video recording
- Front Camera: 20MP, f2.0, Portait mode with bokeh effects, 1080p30/480p120 video
- SIM: Dual nano SIM support
- Connectivity: 4G, dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS, microUSB, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 3000mAh non-removable, VOOC Flash Charge support